Facts and Figures
The majority of BGCSC members are at high risk, because their home situations are often dysfunctional, family incomes are low and/or they are in single-parent homes. If they did not attend the Clubs, 98% of the children in our care would be “latchkey kids” – home alone, unsupervised, unlikely to do well in school and extremely likely to engage in crime, violence, drugs, and sex.
- 62% of Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota County members come from non-traditional families
- 98% of our members have no parent home during the day
- 76% of our members’ families have an annual income of $42,000 or less
- 41% of our members’ families have an annual income of $23,000 or less
- 45% of our members are on a free or reduced-lunch program at school